New MediaPortal 1.2.2 Version

Topics: Developers, General, WHS "Vail" Add-In
Feb 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I'm running WHS2011 and have TV4Home installed. So far things seem to be going well but I'm having trouble getting CC (Closed Captions) viewable when playing the recorded shows in Windows MCE.

Probably nothing related to this but as I was digging I just wondered if I should attempt to upgrade the MediaPortal install (TV4Home installed version 1.1.2.0).

Feb 18, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Well I've been playing around and I went ahead and did an independent install of MP 1.2.2 on WHS2011. I've done some uninstalls and re-installs of TV4Home but the problem I have now is that when viewing the TV Guide on teh web interface it throws this error:

The columns name, freetoair in table Channel do not exist.

Seems like perhaps the older MP install created a freetoair field in the MySQL database but the current version does not??

I browsed your source code and see that there's a much more recent version than what is available as a pre-compiled download.

Is anyone still working on this project and abe to help out? I think I've got a copy of Visual Studio and could perhaps download the latest source code and compile but I wonder why that hasn't already been done?