Install web Interface Only

Topics: General, Web-Interface
May 24, 2011 at 6:07 AM

I already have a tv server installed on another server and whs is installed on a Virual Machine. I would like to knowif there was a way to install the addin to connect to my existing tv server install and also utilise the web interface and/or just get the web interface working atleast.

Cheers

Charli181

Coordinator
May 24, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Hi!

Which TV Server Version are you using?

Is your home server WHSv1 or WHS2011?

It should be possible to point the add-in and webinterface to the TV Server instance on the other machine, please try the following steps:

1. Install the add-in using the normal procedure.
  2. On the machine where TV Server is installed, locate the file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Gentle.config (on Vista and up) or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Gentle.config (on XP/Server 2003)
  3. Copy the file onto the WHS machine in the same location (use the XP path for WHSv1 and the Vista path for WHS2011). Create corresponding folders if they don't exist.
  4. Open the Gentle.config file using notepad and check if the <DefaultProvider> tag contains the correct info (i.e. that the machine name is correct, 'localhost' won't work).
  5. Restart the WHS.

You should now be able to use the webinterface and the add-in (although it will show TV server as not installed).

Hope that helps,

Alex

May 24, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Thanks Alex,

instructions worked a treat. All appears to be working OK but looks like I need to upgrade my TV Server (An old 1.1 RC version) as the web site is complaining about missing columns within tables - which means it is connecting to the MP TV Server database. Can you tell me if MP 1.2Beta is supported with  WHS V1.

NOTE - it ensured I had Power Pack 3 before install as well, before it would install the addin..

Great work here, thanks very much

Sean

Coordinator
May 25, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Hi!

Glad to hear that it is working ;-)

MP1.2 Beta is not supported, because they have changed the database again. Please use 1.1.3 instead.

Out current plan is to switch to MP1.2 when we release the next version of TV4Home.

Alex

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:29 AM

Is it possible to install tv4home on a Windows 2003 server running Mediaportal 1.2 TV Server?