EPG and TV Viewing

Topics: QuickEPG, Web-Interface, WHS "Vail" Add-In
May 23, 2011 at 5:39 PM
Edited Jun 4, 2011 at 5:18 AM

I installed TV4Home on a clean WHS 2011 downloaded from Technet and have several issues:

After install I receive Unsupported platform requires critical hotfixes but all updates/servicepacks have been installed I dont see any hotfixes on the requirements WiKi for anything but WinXP64b.  These dont install on WHS2011.  When I press on I can get to the setting screen with the following results:

All channels and radio scan fine but no channel(guide) information or radio appear on the Web interface.  After scanning I am able to preview the radio stations but the TV preview window remains black. 

Update---It seems I am able to preview the channels on the Homeserver but still no guide...

• Hauppauge PVR-1800
  • Intel core 2 duo, 4gb ram, Nvidia GT8600 512
  • WHS 2011 all service packs/updates

Sounds like an awesome addin and I want to get it working!

Thanks for your support

psalkowski@hotmail.com

May 23, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I have screen shots but do not see an option to attach... I think that would help.

Sep 1, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I am having exactly the same problems as psalkowski

*Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 (8953)

* Intel Core i5 2500K, 8GB Ram, AsRock Z68 Professional Fatal1ty Gen 3.0

*WHS 2011 all service packs/updates

Some help needed

* on why channels aren't showing/previewing

* why EPG remians broken or not working

* how to get it to show/preivew on clients or web

* how to change remote launchers to English

Sep 1, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Not sure if you are still on Aussie Matt, but as you can see from the date of my request, it doenst seem they answer these very often...

I have kind of given up on the product as it doesnt seem to function.  I have not seen even a beta of a WHS addin that had such poor functionality.  It look likes folks in the UK have some success but I am not currently seeing the value VS the Pain and suffering.

I hope you eventually have success!

PS

Sep 2, 2011 at 7:20 AM
Hi Psalkowski,
Any better ideas to date, I desperately want to share my PCI PVR card in the server to the whole house soon.
I know the SageTV had great feedback but is now brought off by Google, I cant even find a hacked version or anything similar to buy.
Seems the WHS2011 is totally unsupported at this late stage in the year, which is very painful to hear.
I brought WHS2011, and the money doesn't bother me, I didn't want to go Linux or something else as the base features of WHS2011 (Backup and central windows based storage) was great, but without future expansion and especially sharing TV around the house it has become a bit of a waste of my time.
ANYONE OUT THERE WITH SOME BETTER PVR/TV SHARING SOLUTIONS FOR WHS2011 PLEASE LET ME KNOW (I will be VMing this all when the new Ivy bridge CPUs + ESXi5.0 comes out, but not until then)????
Kind regards,
Matt
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 12:32 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: EPG and TV Viewing [TV4Home:258675]

Not sure if you are still on Aussie Matt, but as you can see from the date of my request, it doenst seem they answer these very often...

I have kind of given up on the product as it doesnt seem to function. I have not seen even a beta of a WHS addin that had such poor functionality. It look likes folks in the UK have some success but I am not currently seeing the value VS the Pain and suffering.

I hope you eventually have success!

PS

Nov 27, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Had the same issue, similar card, around EPG.  Check out the comments here, you need to get an app to suck down the EPG information and use the xml addin to pull it into media portal to get the EPG to work.

http://tv4home.codeplex.com/discussions/276769

Apr 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM
AussieMatt wrote:
Hi Psalkowski, Any better ideas to date, I desperately want to share my PCI PVR card in the server to the whole house soon. I know the SageTV had great feedback but is now brought off by Google, I cant even find a hacked version or anything similar to buy. Seems the WHS2011 is totally unsupported at this late stage in the year, which is very painful to hear. I brought WHS2011, and the money doesn't bother me, I didn't want to go Linux or something else as the base features of WHS2011 (Backup and central windows based storage) was great, but without future expansion and especially sharing TV around the house it has become a bit of a waste of my time. ANYONE OUT THERE WITH SOME BETTER PVR/TV SHARING SOLUTIONS FOR WHS2011 PLEASE LET ME KNOW (I will be VMing this all when the new Ivy bridge CPUs + ESXi5.0 comes out, but not until then)???? Kind regards, Matt From: [email removed] Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 12:32 AM To: [email removed] Subject: Re: EPG and TV Viewing [TV4Home:258675] From: psalkowski Not sure if you are still on Aussie Matt, but as you can see from the date of my request, it doenst seem they answer these very often... I have kind of given up on the product as it doesnt seem to function. I have not seen even a beta of a WHS addin that had such poor functionality. It look likes folks in the UK have some success but I am not currently seeing the value VS the Pain and suffering. I hope you eventually have success! PS
Hi AussieMatt,

Did you ever get this to work (I'm also in Oz).?

I'm running WHS 2011 (all updates/service packs), HDHomerun Dual Tuner (installed and configured), MediaPortal (TV Server and Client installed and configured, but no FTA EPG).

As the "bastards" at channel nine have stopped any free EPG .xml data guide any of the other solutions that I've found posted don't work, I've tried some of the EPG grabbers to scrape the information, DVB Guide, EPG Collector, EPG Stream, WebGrab+Plus. None work with WHS 2011.

If anyone has a solution, Please post..

Cheers,
Cee
May 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM
OK, I've managed to sort the issue out, I was using the latest version of MediaPortal.

TV 4 Home only works with MediaPortal V1.1.3 on WHS 2011.

Been using it for six weeks and no issues.

Cheers,
Cee.