How do I download or access the WebInterface

Topics: Web-Interface
Mar 1, 2011 at 3:51 AM

Could someone please explain to me how to download the web interface for this product.

The application is running on my server but I cannot access the TV portion.

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Are you using Windows Home Server?

If yes, you can access the Web-Interface by logging in to the WHS Remote Access Website and clicking the TV4Home link or by typing https://yourservername/TV4Home in your browser (after you have installed the Web-Interface through the Installation tab in the TV4Home Add-In, see here).

Packages for non-WHS users are currently not available, this is planned in the future for standalone MediaPortal installations.

Mar 3, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Thank you and I was able to access the web interface through my server as you suggested.

Next queston is how do I watch TV on another computer.  Will I have to download the latest version 1.1.3 from media portal to watch tv on another computer?

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Hi!

In order to watch Live-TV you need to install MediaPortal Client Frontend on your PC.

The server currently uses MediaPortal version 1.1.2, so I would recommend you use the same on the client (available here)

Be sure to select the Advanced Installation and use the "MediaPortal Client" option when installing MediaPortal on the client, as shown here.

We are also planning to develop a simple TV Viewer application for quick access to LiveTV without the MediaPortal Client, check out these preview screenshots: /wikipage?title=TV%20Viewer%20-%20en

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Any chance of Windows Media Center accessing TV4Home in the future?

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2011 at 7:08 PM

@rmoberly: We are investigating opportunities for providing a Media Center Plugin for TV4Home, but there are no details we can share yet ;-)

Alex

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:11 PM
akoeplinger wrote:

@rmoberly: We are investigating opportunities for providing a Media Center Plugin for TV4Home, but there are no details we can share yet ;-)

Alex

@Alex: All one can ask. Thank you kindly for the answer. Best to you and your team.

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:40 AM
akoeplinger wrote:

Alex

It's been a while now. Is there any news on how this is progressing, or whether you have abandoned the effort. Using WM7 for the client is far more preferable than the Media Portal set up.

I have in fact de-installed the Meadia Portal client, as I especially have difficulty in getting it to run in a window which is my preferred mode while working on my computer. It seems clunky and to only want to run in fullscreen mode. It lacks the polish of WM7.