Suggestions, Feedback and anything else

Topics: General
Coordinator
Jan 4, 2011 at 4:42 PM
Edited Jan 4, 2011 at 4:42 PM

In this "topic"/ forum you are free to give us feedback, tell us your suggestions and anything else refered to the TV 4 Home project.

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Hi,

I waited a long time for such a project. I wish you all the best and I hope the community will help to get it stable...

dancel79

Feb 13, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Would this project allow me to stream tv to xbmc for example?

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Only if anyone develops a XBMC PlugIn which connects to our core service.

Feb 15, 2011 at 5:33 PM

It would be nice if e.g. Whiist could limit access to the TV4Home web-page on the WHS. Not evrybody with access to my WHS need access to TV4Home.

overall: a nice add-in;-) Now I only have to figure out why MediaPortal Client won't work when the server part does.

Jacob

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2011 at 6:14 PM

You mean that you would like to restrict which users are allowed to access the TV4Home Web-Interface?

Interesting idea, I think you should submit it through the Issue Tracker, maybe we'll look at it for future releases.

Alex

Feb 17, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Do you have plans to support Silicondust's HD Homerun network tv tuner?

Thanks,

Mike

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Hi!

HDHomerun tuners should already be supported by the MediaPortal TV Server (at least on WHS2011), but I've got some reports that it doesn't work on WHS.

As I don't have such a tuner for testing, it's a bit difficult to tell where the problem lies.

Alex

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Thanks for getting back to me Alex. I have a HP EX487 WHS. I would love to be able to record open cable QAM directly on the server for later viewing. Do you have any recomendations?

Thanks,

Mike