TV4Home installs MediaPortal TV Server on your Windows Home Server. You can then record your favorite TV shows or stream Live-TV to network clients.
The installation procedure is based on easy to use wizards, which means you can get your TV Server up and running in a couple of minutes!
The Add-In is available for the original Windows Home Server, as well as for the new version Windows Home Server 2011 (Vail).
It integrates into the WHS Console or the WHS2011 Dashboard and provides an overview of the current TV Server status.
With the Web-Interface you can schedule recordings by using the EPG (Electronic Program Guide) from any Internet-connected PC.
Simply visit your WHS Remote Access Website and click on the TV4Home link.
Please refer to the Documentation for detailed installation instructions.
- Will TV4Home work on Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials (formerly Codename "Aurora") or Windows Storage Server 2008R2 Essentials (formerly Codename "Breckenridge") ?
- Yes and no. The TV4Home Add-In will install on these prodcuts, because they share the same extensibility platform as WHS2011 (Vail). However, they lack some important components (specifically the Broadcast Driver Architecture - BDA) necessary for digital
TV cards. You may not be able to scan for channels or use the TV Server for recording TV. It is therefore not recommended to install TV4Home on platforms other than Windows Home Server, though you can try it at your own risk.
- I'm using an existing MSSQL and the authentication isn't working?
- When using an existing MS SQL server it has to be ensured that the SQL Server allows the SQL authentication mode. The "Express" versions of MS SQL are configured with NTLM authentication mode by default, so you need to reconfigure it to support SQL
- What should I do if I have already installed MediaPortal TV Server on my WHS?
- Simply install the Add-In and the Web-Interface, it should recognize your existing TV Server installation. There may be some issues if you use another version of the TV Server as the Add-In does (1.1.2).
- Which TV cards are supported?
- While in theory every TV card supported by MediaPortal TV Server (see
here) should work, there may be some incompatibilities between the cards and Windows Home Server. Especially Windows Home Server v1 might have some problems that WHS2011 doesn't have, since it is more optimized for media scenarios. We therefore put together
a list of cards that are known to work with WHSv1 or WHS "Vail":
List of supported TV cards
If you want to discuss new features, please use the Discussions forum to share your ideas with us.